Saturday, April 22, 2006

Piano in the morning

I am sitting on my balcony, listening to my neighbour practicing her piano playing. Perth is fully overcast at this stage, bottoms at about 4000ft. Light breeze, it is actually a perfect day for flying. We might actually head down to the river by bicycle shortly, before it starts to rain.

I have been using my Line6 Bass Pod XT Live extensively since I purchased it, and I have finally found a perfect set of sounds that compliments my boutique bass guitar. If I get some time later today I would like to set up three user channels accordingly, using the 360 Amp, some chorus and delay added, and lastly a quarter note echo added as well.

Still have to figure out the Wah effect, and set the volume pedal up according to my liking. But I am oh so happy with the purchase.

Other news is that my wife is starting a business, and thus I am in the process of purchasing a car for her to use. I the previous town I owned three cars, and it was a conscious decision when moving to Perth to have only one car. And I must say that I have fully enjoyed using public transport the last almost four years. Sometimes inconvenient, but most of the time not.

A Cessna 182 just flew overhead. One day, I will do it again.

Anyway, back to the car. I wanted to purchase a Daihatsu Charade, and have been contemplating it for almost two years now. But could never justify it. And of course, Toyota Australia no longer import Daihatsus. You can not find a second hand one, of course, as nobody are selling them.
So I settled for the next best thing, a new Holden Barina sedan. I owned one in South Africa, and it is a very practical vehicle. Good fuel consumption, does not drive or feel like a small car, and overall good value for money. Google image search is wonderful. After finding the Corsa I owned in South Africa, I had a look for my Opel Kadett 200tS. What a machine. I had it for seven years, and never experienced any overheating or gearbox failures as the above link mentions. I still have the original magazine from the picture.

And now that you are all back up to speed with my life, it is time for me to go and practice my music.

No comments: