Sunday, July 01, 2007

Run as if your life depended on it

I had some fun on Saturday night as I arrived home. Saw three boys, probably about ten years old, looking very suspicious near a street sign. I drove past, but then turned around, and drove toward them, catching them in the act of desecrating the sign with graffiti .

All I can say is, they ran quite fast. At the street corner they split up, and I chose to follow two of them. At one point I decided they had run anough, and accelerated to cut them off at the next intersection. They reversed, and now ran up the hill.

By the time I had turned the car around, they were gone.

I am reminded of the new advertising campaign against speeding. It associates speeding with men with small appendages, if you know what I mean. Apparently the previous campaign of showing blood and gore had lost its effectiveness.

So I am left wondering, why would someone choose to write illegible writing on a street sign, just to have it removed within a week. It just does not make sense. Unless, of course, the person feels he/she has something to prove...

No comments: