Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Excel VBA model enhancements

Right now I am working against a very tight deadline of Monday morning to completely rewrite a part of my main model at work. As a bit of background, I am moving my Excel-based database into Jet, and all my different customer files will follow in due course.

But to make that transition easy for my user base had me scratching my head for a good deal of last week. So my conceptual database design now complete (after a few revisions when special cases would make the concept fall over), it is time to commit fingers to keyboard, and start coding. If the first page goes well this morning, the rest should be easy.

Wish I could share more, but this model is what gives my company its competitive advantage in many areas. I do have some other ideas that I do not mind sharing. Some of you might find them useful.

In other news, I am still waiting on my Samsung Q1 Ultra and the OQO 02. Yesterday they were not yet ordered, and I am starting to think that I will have to lug my 4kg laptop around the world again instead of a 1kg Q1 Ultra, or even better, a 500 gram OQO.

Oh well, can't have it all, can we?

1 comment:

telecom consulting los angeles said...

Thanks for this article. I find it a pain to locate good quality guidance out there when it comes to this
topic.