Friday, June 02, 2006

Light of the World

Jesus truly is the light of the world. I am amazed more and more every day in how intricately perfect everything has been designed, and made, for our pleasure. Apple blossoms, luring bees, waiting for cross-pollination. Who thought of that? The apple tree? I don't think so. The banana, fitting into a human hand so perfectly. Did we engeneer it like that? I don't think so.

The sun, the moon, the stars. All just there for our pleasure, our amazement. Gazing up into the heavens, wishing we could travel there, wishing we could fly. Wishing we could swim like the fish do. We were put here on earth to enjoy life, to mange and reign over this planet. And I know we are not always responsible as a human race.

Perfectly crafted in the image of God, with free will, the ability to choose our destiny. What a profound responsibility. Seeing one of my colleagues' heart aching, searching for something more, yearning back for teenage years when life was simple, and joyful. Well, it can be that way again. It can be that way all the time.

God knows the number of hears on my head. Why? Because He can, and because He cares. And He looks after the sparrows day after day. So why should we worry about earthly concerns. God is there for us.

I want to work hard, excel to the best of my ability, make music from my heart, dance like there is no tomorrow, love God and my family with all my heart. Love my colleagues, love everyone I see, and those I do not see.

Pray for everyone I know, in all the countries I have been, for healing, for a renewing of their minds, and hearts, that they may know You, God. I want to have a guard in front of my mouth, speak only things that inspire, and make people think.

I want to be known as God's child, not as anything else.

God, my soul cries out to You today. Hear my prayer, hear my cries. Forgive my sins. THank You for loving me, despite my fallen human nature. Despite my many transgressions. Your love is difficult to fathom. So big, so kind. And yet, we were created in Your image. We have the same capability, we can love the same way if we so choose.

I pray for healing for my wife, for Your touch on her body. I pray for less travel for me, for more time to spend at home. I thank You for Your protection.

What am I doing in Perth, Lord? I am ready to do Your will. Please make it known to me. I know that the time is coming soon.

No comments: