Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Another day in bed

Saturday I reactivated an old lower back injury. The pain was so intense, I could not move. So I spent the rest of the weekend in bed, and started my physio on Monday. Having moved since the last injury, I tried a local physiotherapist, and was quite impressed. He knew what he was talking about, and respected my educated opinion on my own body.

Today was not as productive for me, because my daughter was at home. So the morning I had no opportunity to do work. The afternoon went much better, but still I had to lie down all the time, or stand up. I created a small workspace so I can comfortably type whilst standing up, and I am still wondering how I can achieve the same level of comfort at work tomorrow.

Yes, I have to go back some time.

The real question is, will I be fit to fly to Japan on Friday night? I have to make a final decision tomorrow, and let everyone know. If I do go, it will only be for the weekend, though. I don't think it is a good idea to travel all over the country by train, carrying my luggage over long distances. Funny thing in Japanese towns, the closest hotel is within walking distance of the train station, but too close to catch a cab.

Anyway, back to today. I did manage to catch up on some work, and even managed a few songs on my bass guitar.

No comments: